Tuesday, February 7, 2012
A Heart Full of Thanks -- Continuing to Count One Thousand Gifts (308-320)
Posted by Sherrey Meyer
We're traveling to their once a month to help our sister-in-law experience some rest and a respite from her daily caregiver responsibilities. And when we return home from this 5-hour trip, our hearts are breaking and heavy. We can't fix this problem, and we can't make it even a bit better.
308. Hearing Jim (our brother) laugh while he listens to our favorite family stories.
309. Jim's joy at hearing music played.
310. Celebrating Jim's success when he finally puts together something he wants to say.
311. Helen's love for Jim.
312. Helen's ability to stay calm in most situations while she cares for Him.
313. Our ability to travel and be with them and help in any way we can.
314. God's Word which continues to guide us daily.
315. Paul's writings in 1 Thessalonians.
316. My continued and amazing recovery following spine surgery.
317. Husband Bob's amazingly large heart for his brother.
318. Grace in abundance in our lives as we do what we can.
319. Support of our own local Parkinson's Foundation office to help educate us on our role in this family situation.
320. Ann Voskamp for setting me on the road to seeing the many gifts in my world.
Linking up with Ann over at A Holy Experience. Won't you come and join us?