Imagine opening your inbox and finding the usual emails from blogs to which you subscribe. Open up a favorite. In this instance, Memoir Writer's Journey, written by my friend, Kathy Pooler. The title of her post for today contained a word I didn't recognize. I knew at a glance it was likely German, and I thought I could pronounce it, but what did it mean.
Kathy had herself had received and happily accepted The Liebster Blog Award. She went on to describe the foundation behind the award -- established for up and coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
I smiled, knowing my blog settled comfortably into those conditions. Graciously, I made my acceptance speech in the quiet of my own tiny writing space.
Of course, there are rules and here they are:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to them.
2. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog (you can get them from Google images).
3. Pass the Liebster Blog Award on to five other bloggers you admire.
4. Let your recipient know of the award by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Bask in the love of the blogosphere.
Now, I have selected my five bloggers to pass this award to, and I have no idea of the number of followers for any of them. They are:
1. Linda K. Thomas at Spiritual Memoirs 101.
2. Stacy at Heartprints of God.
3. Barbara at Earthen Vessels.
4. Alida Wright Sharp at Blackpurl's Knitpickings.
5. And last, but not least, Jenna Quentin at Meandering in a Field of Words.
I hope that each of you reading this will take the time to visit each of these blogs. These women are great writers and their posts will definitely be bright spot in your day.
Congratulations to my five choices! You deserve this!