Here in the Pacific Northwest we're beginning to see signs of spring earlier than usual. How the climatology of our country is changing each year. And yes, so do we -- change that is, day by day and year by year. Maybe not so drastically as the passing seasons, but we change.
We've been watching a Christmas cactus that bloomed profusely around Christmas. Once its blooms faded, we assumed it was entering dormancy. One morning, unexpectedly, was the beginning of a new leaf, new life on this now bare plant. And now there are five -- each one growing by leaps and bounds. We've done nothing differently -- we just watch.
And God watches us, hoping that with each step, each stretch, we are reaching to grow in Him.
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
Luke 2:51 (NIV)
Is our every step, every stretch, every movement toward growing "in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God?" Truly it should be, and the ultimate start on this journey is to give thanks for that which we have been given, thus focusing our eyes on the Source.
|A Holy Experience|
332. The gift of rain along with acceptance of the dark skies and often dismal outside.
333. The bright green shoots signalling spring.
334. Our MOPS moms who serve each other so lovingly.
335. The gift of intercessory prayer.
336. The joy of living without pain.
337. Sounds of spring outside our home.
338. Sunlight and shadows flitting in and out.
339. Freedom of religion that so many do not experience.
340. Sources of fellowship and writing online.
341. The joy of counting gifts and giving thanks.
342. Seeing our third graders receive their Bibles during worship service.
343. Music that makes your feet want to dance in your pew on Sunday.
344. Voices raised in praise to Him.
345. Children and grandchildren.